Friday 21 September 2012

Big Country's Tony Butler announces retirement from Big Country

It is news  that will shock and sadden many Big Country fans but  just a few moment's ago bass player Tony Butler announced in a statement he was retiring from the band . He thanked  band manager Ian Grant, and members of Big Country, along with the fans.


The statement said:

''There comes a time when a big decision has to be made, and I've made one. I feel that after 32 years of dedicated service to Big Country, I need to dedicate some time to myself, so I am announcing my retirement from the band as of now.

I have no wish to declare any reasons other than my time with the group has come to an end. After 32 years of incredible highs and a very tragic low, I feel that now is the time to look to new horizons.
My deepest love and thanks go to: Ian, Stuart, Bruce, Mark, and the many associated families and friends (and not forgetting my own family that have been an inspiration and massive support) that have so enriched my life. Many thanks to Mike and Jamie for the past two years.

 Also, a big thank you to you, the fans, that have supported us throughout this incredible life experience; without you, this group would not have achieved anything.

Time to move on. Good luck one and all.

TB 2012
   ''

We wish Tony all  the best for the future.


Classic Rock Radio's Marilyn Michaels with Tony Butler at Manchester Academy

Marilyn Michaels


No comments:

Post a Comment